Blog

  • Ahmed Shehzad Emotional Over PSL Exclusion on Live Show

    Lahore: (Lord Media) Former Pakistani opening batsman Ahmed Shehzad became emotional during a live show after not being selected for the eleventh season of the Pakistan Super League (PSL). He expressed sadness for himself and shared that his son wishes to see him play.

    In a private TV channel program, host Tabish Hashmi asked Ahmed Shehzad about being out of the league for three years after being part of a winning PSL team. In response, Shehzad said he feels happy for fellow players but is saddened for himself.

    Ahmed Shehzad mentioned that his son, now nine years old, desires to watch him play. Host Tabish Hashmi comforted him with a hug.

    Wiping tears from his eyes, Shehzad added that his son sleeps with him and often says, ‘Dad, I remember you used to play, and now I can remember you well.’

    Ahmed Shehzad stated that he is generally happy but this situation has deeply saddened him.

  • Non-bailable arrest warrants reissued for Aleema Khan in Rawalpindi protest case

    Rawalpindi: (Lord Media)

    During the hearing of the November 26 protest case in Rawalpindi, non-bailable arrest warrants for Aleema Khan were reissued. The special Anti-Terrorism Court judge, Amjad Ali Shah, presided over the case. The court ordered Aleema Khan to be arrested and presented on Friday.

    The hearing of the case against Aleema Khan has been adjourned until Friday, February 13.

  • Bollywood Star Ayush Sharma Threatened by Lawrence Bishnoi Gang

    Mumbai: (Lord Media) Bollywood actor Ayush Sharma has received a threatening email from the Lawrence Bishnoi gang, causing concern among Bollywood stars. Following this threat, the Mumbai Crime Branch confirmed that the email was sent via ProtonMail and has launched an investigation to trace the sender. Authorities are determining whether the email originated domestically or internationally.

    Recently, actor Ranveer Singh was also threatened via a voice message, with extortion demands made. Officials stated that the culprits used various digital tools to conceal their identities, complicating the investigation further.

    Before these threats, a shooting incident occurred near filmmaker Rohit Shetty’s residence, leading to the arrest of five suspects who were presented in a special court.

  • 19-year-old girl shot dead in Mumbai over romantic jealousy

    Mumbai: (Lord Media) A 19-year-old girl named Shifa was shot dead in broad daylight in the Furqania neighborhood of Shivaji Nagar. Police reported the attack was motivated by romantic jealousy.

    Bystanders rushed Shifa to a nearby hospital, but she could not survive. Initial investigations revealed that the victim’s boyfriend was also involved with another woman, leading to increased jealousy and tension.

    Using CCTV footage, police arrested two suspects within 12 hours, including a 25-year-old woman and her 23-year-old accomplice.

    According to police, Shifa had been pressuring her boyfriend to end his relationship with the other woman, but he was more inclined towards her rival.

    This led to a plan to eliminate Shifa, allowing the two suspects to marry without obstacles.

  • Bangladesh holds parliamentary elections amid tight security

    Dhaka: (Lord Media) Bangladesh is holding its parliamentary elections today to elect a new Prime Minister. The Bangladesh Nationalist Party, alongside its ally Jamaat-e-Islami, is competing, with Tariq Rahman and Shafiq Rahman as the key contenders.

    Fifty political parties and over 2,000 independent candidates are in the fray. Direct elections are being held for 300 seats, with an additional 50 seats reserved for women in the parliament. CCTV cameras have been installed at 90% of polling stations, and over 900,000 security personnel are deployed to ensure safety.

    The absence of former Prime Minister Hasina Wajed’s party from the elections has intensified the competition.

  • Speeding tractor kills two brothers, injures one in Wazirabad

    Wazirabad: (Lord Media) A speeding tractor-trailer on Daska Road ran over three motorcyclist brothers, killing two and severely injuring the third. The brothers had come from Rajanpur to Wazirabad for work. The deceased were identified as 14-year-old Majeed Abid and 27-year-old Rashid Abid.

    The injured brother, Aqib Abid, is in critical condition and has been transferred to the District Headquarters Hospital in Gujranwala.

    Upon receiving news of the accident, police arrived at the scene and moved the bodies to the hospital for necessary procedures. An investigation into the accident has been initiated by the police.

  • President appoints Ambreen Jan as first female PEMRA Chairperson

    Islamabad: (Lord Media) The President has approved the appointment of Ambreen Jan as the Chairperson of the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) following consultation with the Prime Minister. Ambreen Jan will be the first woman to lead the country’s electronic media regulatory authority.

    The President has issued a notification, highlighting Ambreen Jan’s appointment as a significant step towards increasing female representation in the electronic media sector.

    This appointment is expected to promote female leadership in electronic media and marks a positive step towards opening a new chapter in media regulation.

  • Naseem Shah becomes PSL 11’s highest-paid player at auction

    Lahore: (Lord Media) At the PSL 11 auction, Naseem Shah emerged as the highest-paid player, purchased by Rawalpindi for 86.5 million rupees.

    Islamabad United secured Faheem Ashraf for 85 million rupees, while Karachi Kings acquired David Warner for 79 million rupees.

    Lahore Qalandars bought Haris Rauf for 76 million rupees, and Naseem Shah was picked by Rawalpindi for 86.5 million rupees.

    Karachi Kings also signed wicketkeeper-batsman Azam Khan for 32.5 million rupees, and Sahibzada Farhan joined Sialkot Stallions.

    Peshawar Zalmi acquired Mohammad Haris for 22 million rupees, while Rawalpindi signed Mohammad Amir for 54 million rupees.

  • Senator Faisal Vawda denies any political deal or leniency, urges gradual change

    Islamabad: (Lord Media) Senator Faisal Vawda stated that there are no immediate political deals or leniencies occurring, and any change will happen gradually. Speaking on Hum News’ program ‘Faisla Aap Ka’, he remarked that politics involves challenges, and he has faced many in his life. He emphasized the need for a system of reward and punishment to ensure justice.

    Regarding the 28th Amendment, Vawda mentioned that the matter is progressing slowly, noting that political activities are reduced during Ramadan and the situation may improve after Eid. He clarified that PTI cannot offer anything to other parties, nor can other parties offer anything to PTI.

    Vawda further stated that there is no visible thaw between PTI and the government, with no deals or leniencies underway. He added that there are no political changes happening in Bani Gala, and legally, nothing is clear yet.

    He welcomed the discussions on anti-terrorism between the Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other officials. Senator Vawda praised Suhail Afridi’s meetings with other political leaders, calling it a positive step towards collective progress.

  • El Paso Airport closed for 10 days due to security threats.

    Texas: (Lord Media) El Paso International Airport in Texas has been closed due to security threats, suspending all flights for the next 10 days.

    The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced that the airspace around the airport has been designated as National Defense Airspace. During this period, lethal force may be used against any flight deemed a security threat.

    Airport authorities and the FAA have informed passengers that all inbound and outbound flights are effectively halted, potentially causing significant inconvenience for travelers.

    Additional security measures have been implemented to ensure the safety of staff and passengers at the airport.

    Officials stated that the airport closure will remain in effect for the next 10 days, with no unauthorized or suspicious flights permitted. This decision was made considering U.S. national security and the safety of citizens.